Little Cloud Lesson Plan - Art and Language Arts - KinderArt
Written by: Holly LaForge [Holly is a Bellevue Union Elementary/Teacher Assistant and after school daycare program provider from Santa Rosa California.]
Kindergarten students will read the book, Little Cloud, and then create a work of art based on the story.
Connecting art with a story.
What You Need:
What You Do:
After reading the story and discussing The Little Cloud, we made our own clouds to go with our Raindrop Pictures.
On piece of the white paper, draw a large cloud by drawing a large fluffy circle.
- Have each child draw the face on the Little Cloud
- Put both pieces of paper together and cut out cloud along the lines you drew. (I had to help my Kindergartners with this part)
- Paste or staple around the cloud leaving top open like a pocket.
- Wad up some of the newspaper and stuff the cloud with it.
- Staple or paste the top of the cloud closed so the stuffing won't fall out.
- Staple onto bulletin board with the rain pictures
by Eric Carle
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?