NAME WRITING FOR PRESCHOOLERS
Grades: Pre-K | Age: 2-5 | Written by:
[Lisa is a teacher at the Lincoln Street Nursery and Kindergarten in Sydney Australia. ]
Young children will develop pre-writing skills and name recognition.
What You Need:
•clear plastic A4 envelopes
What You Do:
•various coloured white board markers
•coloured A4 size cardboards
- Write each child's name on a sheet of cardboard with the black marker, using foundation script of course!.
- Slip into the clear plastic envelopes.
- Children can select their own name, and using the white board makers, they can trace over their name.
- Be sure to use various colours to allow the children to make choices.
- This is great for children's eye-hand co-ordination, and a good way to develop pre-reading skills.
This content has been printed from: