Back to School Bulletin Board Decorating Ideas - KinderArt
BACK TO SCHOOL BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater [Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
Just in time for back to school, here are five great bulletin board ideas designed to get your students involved in the fun!
1. Back to School Balloons!
- Each student receives a paper plate that he/she can decorate as they wish. You can provide paint, crayons, stickers, glitter, pencil crayons, markers, tissue paper and glue, or whatever you have at your disposal.
- While the children are creating their "balloons", you can add lengths of yarn to the bulletin board (using thumb tacks). These lengths of yarn will become the balloon strings.
- When all is complete, you can attach the paper plate balloons to the bulletin board and voila ... a big bunch of back to school balloons!
2. Welcome Students!
- Each student receives a paper plate that he/she will draw, paint or glue a self portrait on. You can provide paint, crayons, stickers, glitter, pencil crayons, markers, tissue paper and glue, or whatever you have at your disposal. Hair can be added by using construction paper or bits of yarn.
- When every paper plate face is complete, they can all be added to your bulletin board for a wonderful display.
3. Make a Handprint Tree!
- Each student traces their hands onto construction paper.
- The construction paper hands are cut out using safety scissors and the children write their names on their handprints. (You might have them decorate further with markers or crayons).
- On the bulletin board, attach a tree trunk which has been cut out of construction paper or brown craft paper (or you can paint a tree trunk onto the bulletin board).
- The handprints can be attached to the tree trunk as leaves. Some can even be added to the "ground" to show leaves falling in autumn!
4. Wild, Wacky Cylinders!
- Each student receives a paper tube from toilet tissue or paper towel roll.
- Students can decorate their tube as they wish. You can provide paint, crayons, stickers, glitter, pencil crayons, markers, tissue paper and glue, or whatever you have at your disposal.
- Once the tubes are decorated, attach them as a fantastic border around your bulletin board.
- Inside the cylinder border, you can create wild and wacky shapes with even more decorated tubes!
5. Sunflower Magic!
- On your bulletin board, attach a large circle cut from yellow construction paper. You might instead wish to cover your board with craft paper and paint a yellow circle on the paper.
- Next, attach yellow construction or crepe paper pieces all around the circle to create the sunflower petals.
- Each of your student can help to create the sunflower by gluing real sunflower seeds to the center of the yellow sunflower!
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?