Springtime Indoors Bulletin Board Decorating Idea - KinderArt
Submitted by: Holly LaForge [Hollys is a Bellevue Union Elementary/Teacher Assistant and after school daycare program provider from Santa Rosa California.]
Coloring pages, printables and construction paper are used here to create a springtime inspired bulletin board.
- Using imagination and skills to create a bulletin board full of spring plants and animals.
What You Need:
- large butcher type paper --- color blue
- large bulletin board or wall
- different colored construction paper
- spring coloring book pictures of rabbits, flowers, etc
- glue sticks and poster putty to hang up blue paper
- crayons, tissue paper, pipe cleaners
What You Do:
- Hang up the blue paper. I cut it off the roll to desired size in our supply closet.
- The blue paper will become the "sky"
- Children can color and cut out pictures of the flowers, rabbits, etc and then paste with glue sticks onto sky paper
- Examples of what my daycare kids did:
- Accordion folded two contrasting tissue papers and pinched in the middle with pipe cleaner to make butterflies, then bent pipe cleaners to resemble antennae.
- Cut red construction paper in circles and used black paper to make dots to create ladybugs.
- Brown paper to create tree and then put birds nest picture in tree.
- Made a sun with yellow paper and pasted in sky where the sun would go.
- We used corrugated scalloped edge paper we use to border our bulletin boards with and pasted it on the bottom of the blue paper to create grass.
- The possibilities are endless. We wanted to create a wall with the illusion of looking out the window at a spring day and make it to scale. The kids loved this so much and got into it so much, they now want to do the other wall into a town with building, cars, streets, etc. My kindergartners made rainbows on paper then cut them out as well. All my ages loved this.
Holiday & Seasonal Bulletin Boards
by: Imogene Forte
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?