: Primary, Junior
: K-5 | Age
: 5-11 | Written by
[Amanda is the crafty, entrepreneurial mother of four children. www.craftsbyamanda.com
Kids can make a cool banner to decorate their camp mess hall or cabin. All you need is paper, glue and buttons (or other found objects).
Make this fun banner to decorate the camp mess hall or your cabin.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Construction paper: light blue, yellow, orange, brown, blue, red, purple, green
- White craft glue
- Twine, about 5 feet
- Glue stick
- Pattern [click here for pattern]
- Use pattern to cut two tents from light blue paper, 6 logs from brown paper, and two sets of fire from yellow and orange.
- Cut 4 squares, 4.5” x 4.5”, from purple, red, blue and green paper.
- Cut strips, 4” x 1”, from the following colored papers:
2 each from yellow and light blue
- 1 each from purple, red, green and blue
Assemble the campfires by gluing the yellow flame to the orange flame, and gluing 3 logs together, then combining the two.
Use white craft glue to write the letters C, A, M, and P on each of the construction paper squares. Place buttons onto the white glue and let them letters dry.
Use a glue stick to add paper strip hangers to the back of each of the letter squares, tents and campfires.
Lay the twine out onto the work surface. Find the center of the twine and attach the letter “A” to the twine by folding the paper strip hanger over the twine and gluing it around the twine and to the back of the letter.
Add each of the letters and the tents and campfires to the twine in the same fashion.
Tips: Instead of buttons, you can use beans, dried split peas, pony beads or sequins.
Nature's Art Box:
From t-shirts to twig baskets, 65 cool projects for crafty kids to make with natural materials you can find anywhere.
This content has been printed from: