Abstract Art T-Shirts: Crafts for Kids. Lessons and Activities for children in kindergarten to grade 12: KinderArt ®
ABSTRACT ART T-SHIRTS
Written by: April Scurlock [April is a college student and student teacher at Mount Ida Elementary Schools in Mount Ida, AR.]
Students can use t-shirts as their canvas as they create abstract works of art using a variety of painting tools.
Recognizing abstract art and creating abstract art.
What You Need:
- paper plates to distribute paint to each child
- cardboard to put between shirts
- brushes, sponges, Q-tips to paint with (be creative)
- lots of primary color paints and some black & white (fabric paints will last longer)
- water containers
- paper towels
What You Do:
- Talk about abstract art and explain what it is.
- Let the students create their own abstract art on their t-shirt using paint.
What is Abstract Art?
Off the Wall Museum Guides for Kids : Modern Art
by Ruthie Knapp, Janice Lehmberg
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?