Bottle of Treasure: Crafts for Kids. Lessons and Activities for children in kindergarten to grade 12: KinderArt ®
BOTTLE OF TREASURE
Submitted by: Kirema Davis and her children Ayla, Vaughn, DezaRae and KiAsia. With their mom's help, the kids made their own Globe Of Treasure. They wanted to share this with others.
Children can make a treasure bottle using corn syrup, glitter and found objects.
What You Need:
- Take an old plastic bottle with a screw on cap (old baby food jars or baby bottles work well). Make sure it is clean.
- Find beads, broken earrings, tiny cars what ever you like that is very tiny.
- You need whatever color glitter you like; we like gold w/multi color.
- You will also need Karo brand light corn syrup and warm water.
What You Do:
- After you have everything you need all in one place you can begin.
- Take the bottle and put a few of the tiny items in it.
- Next, pour some glitter in the bottle as well.
- Then you pour about 4 ounces of the Karo syrup in the bottle.
- After that you pour in about 1 1/2 ounces of warm water into the bottle.
- After you have put everything you want into your bottle, cap it tightly (we put some glue on the cap after closing it) and shake it for a while until everything is mixed up inside.
Creating by Recycling (Crafts for All Seasons)
by Laia Sadurni, Anna Llimos
Create art with objects from around the house.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?