Zip Bag Butterflies: Crafts for Kids. Lessons and Activities for children in kindergarten to grade 12: KinderArt ®
ZIP BAG BUTTERFLIES
Submitted by: Lee Popham [Lee is a parent from Friendswood, Texas]
Make a butterfly out of a zip close baggie and some tissue paper.
What You Need:
- sandwich size zip close baggies
- tissue paper in a variety of colors
- 6" long pipe cleaner
What You Do:
- Cut the tissue paper into 1/2" squares.
- Fill the zip baggie with tissue squares (the more paper there is, the fuller the wings).
- Zip the baggie closed, pressing out some of the air.
- Gather baggie in the middle with the zip close at the top.
- Twist the pipe cleaner in the middle of the gather to form a butterfly with antennae.
- Curl the ends of the pipe cleaner of the antennas.
Creating by Recycling (Crafts for All Seasons)
by Laia Sadurni, Anna Llimos
Create art with objects from around the house.
Monarch Magic! : Butterfly Activities & Nature Discoveries
by: Lynn Rosenblatt
Stunning photos take children inside the chrysalis right through the process of emerging as a majestic monarch.
Watch an on-line metamorphosis from larva to caterpillar to butterfly
complete with butterfly activities and resources. Developed by grade three
students in Yukon, Canada. There are lots of original games, activities,
learning resources and more.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?