PAPER AND CLOTHESPIN DRAGONFLIES
Level: ECE, Primary
Grades: Pre-K - Gr. 2 | Age: 2 -8 | Written by:
Learn how to make a simple dragonfly using paper and a clothespin.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- construction paper - any color
- little googly eyes
- magic markers
- Cut a rectangular piece of paper out of the construction paper about 5 inches in length and 2 inches in width.
- Have the children color the paper with markers -- encourage them to use bright colors.
- Next you will want to fold the paper lengthwise like an accordion.
- Then you take the clothespin and put the construction paper in the part of the clothspin you use to pin the clothes.
- After the paper is pinched by the clothespin, ruffle the "wings" a little bit.
- Finally glue on the googly eyes.
Eliza and the Dragonfly
An award-winning children's book about nature and the life cycle of the dragonfly.
Family Fun Crafts : 500 Creative Activities for You and Your Kids
by: The Editors of FamilyFun Magazine
Creating by Recycling (Crafts for All Seasons)
by Laia Sadurni, Anna Llimos
Create art with objects from around the house.
This content has been printed from: