Photo Card: Crafts for Kids. Lessons and Activities for children in kindergarten to grade 12: KinderArt ®
Submitted by: Amanda Formaro [Amanda is the crafty, entrepreneurial mother of four children.]
We all have them, photos of our kids that didn't make it into frames or albums. Well grab some construction paper or card stock, a photo and some glue and make this adorable little card. Give as a gift to friends or relatives!
What You Need:
- construction paper or card stock
- sheer ribbon
What You Do:
- Fold paper or card stock in half to create a card. Have your child write their greeting inside the card FIRST.
- Cut photo out in a heart shape.
- Glue photo to the front of the card, center it and put it high enough to allow space for the bow at the bottom (see photo).
- Lay down some newspaper, wax paper, or other paper and set your card on that to catch excess glitter. Use glue to pipe a thick border around the photo. Sprinkle the glitter generously over the glue border, be sure to completely cover all of the glue. Let dry about 20 minutes.
- While the glue is drying, tie your ribbon into a bow and trim off the long ends.
- Once the glue is dry, carefully lift the card up and tap off all excess glitter.
Note to parents: Use the newspaper to funnel the excess glitter back into your glitter container to use on another project.
Place a dab of glue onto the back of the ribbon and adhere to the card under your photo.
Tip: Change the color of the card stock, and even the ribbon, to use this idea for other holidays, such as Mother's Day, Christmas, and birthdays!
Crafts to Make in Fall
by Kathy Ross
Twenty-nine craft projects with autumn themes, including a school bus picture frame, a fall tree lapel pin, a soft sculpture pumpkin, a leaf-print banner, and a tree puppet that changes color.
Family Fun Crafts : 500 Creative Activities for You and Your Kids
by: The Editors of FamilyFun Magazine
Creating by Recycling (Crafts for All Seasons)
by Laia Sadurni, Anna Llimos
Create art with objects from around the house.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?