Chalk and Glue: Drawing Lessons for Kids: KinderArt ®
CHALK AND GLUE
Written by: Leon Ruder [Leon is an artist and teacher at St. Ignace Area Schools, St. Ignace, MI]
By drawing into wet paste with chalk pastels, students can create unique works of art.
What You Need:
- Paper 12" x 18"
- Art Paste (cellulose) 2oz makes 2 gallons (paper mache paste)
What You Do:
- Use a still life as subject matter. Mine was flowers and a vine (which allows the kids to draw all across the paper).
- With a large (6") brush, wipe mixed paste on the paper in front of each student.
- Cover the whole sheet.
- While the paper is wet, (working time of about 20 min.) have children draw into the wet paste with the pastels.
- Put aside to dry for 2hrs.
►More Activities Like This
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have an idea to share?