CHALK AND GLUE (Drawing on wet glue with chalk pastels)
Image: CatChick6 Creations
Level: ECE, Primary, Junior, Middle School
Grades: PreK- Gr. 8 | Age: 2 - 14 yrs | Written by:
[Leon is an artist and teacher at St. Ignace Area Schools, St. Ignace, MI]
By drawing into wet paste with chalk pastels, students can create unique works of art.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Paper 12" x 18"
- Art Paste (cellulose) 2oz makes 2 gallons (paper mache paste)
- Use a still life as subject matter. Mine was flowers and a vine (which allows the kids to draw all across the paper).
- With a large (6") brush, wipe mixed paste on the paper in front of each student.
- Cover the whole sheet.
- While the paper is wet, (working time of about 20 min.) have children draw into the wet paste with the pastels.
- Put aside to dry for 2hrs.
But Wait, There's More
Elizabeth McDonald of CatChick6 Creations, tried this lesson plan with her kids - and posted the results (and steps) on her blog. Have a peek: http://www.catchick6creations.com/?p=1656
This content has been printed from: