Level: Junior, Middle School
Grades: GR. 3 - 8 | Age: 8-14yrs | Written by:
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
This is a free-form drawing project that deals with the elements of design - colour, line, shape, form and texture. Very wonderful detailed works of art can be achieved by simply doodling. Have a look at the works of many great artists like Joan Miro, Wassily Kandinsky and Paul Klee for inspiration.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Any kind of drawing paper. (size 8' x 10' or larger).
- Markers, Pencils, Pencil Crayons
- Begin in one spot on the paper and start drawing doodles. Create as many doodles as you like... the only rule is that no doodles should overlap or interfere with any other doodles.
- If you wish, you can keep the doodles the same. In other words, draw only geometric shapes (ie squares, triangles, circles etc.) or draw only organic shapes (squiggly "natural" shapes).
- When you have filled your paper with doodles, begin coloring in.
- You may use solid colour, lines, cross hatching, dots, dashes... whatever you like.
- Sign and frame your work.
Creative Doodling & Beyond
by Stephanie Corfee
Inspiring exercises, prompts, and projects for turning simple doodles into beautiful works of art.
This content has been printed from: