Fruit Loop Fun - KinderArt Littles, Preschool, Daycare and Early Childhood Education Activities and Lessons
|FRUIT LOOPS® FUN[From: Artmaking]
Written by: Amy [Amy is a teacher at Head Start School in Huntingdon, TN]
Age: 2-5 years
Little ones will use Fruit Loops® cereal and glue to make pictures on paper.
What You Need:
•Fruit Loops® or other colorful cereal
What You Do:
- Give each student a handful of fruit loops to place on the table.
- Give them a few minutes to play with the fruit loops® and feel the texture of the cereal.
- If you wish at this time, you may ask them to identify colors. Example:"I would like everyone to pick up a yellow piece of cereal and show it to me." Etc.
- Now give each student a ziploc® bag (first tell them safety tips about ziploc® bags--"they are not to put over our mouths because we can't breathe...etc.". )
- Have the students put the cereal into the bags and close the top. You will probably need to assist them depending on the age (I work with preschool.)
- Now have the children take the bags of cereal and "crush it and mush it" with their hands. Ask them questions about the way it feels. Ask them how it would feel if it had milk in it??
- Now give each student a piece of HEAVY paper and glue.
- Now have the students slowly open the bags and glue the crushed pieces of colorful fruit loops® onto their paper. Encourage them to be creative!!!
- Display each child's picture on a special classroom display.
www.KinderArt.com | www.KinderArtLittles.com
© Amy and KinderArt ®