Age: 2-5 years
This is a fun activity for the warm summer months. Preschoolers can make large scale art using balls (or balloons) and paint.
What You Need:
•Soft "Nerf®"- type balls
•Balloons (an adult should blow these up ... but not too full)
•Containers for paint (large bowls or styrofoam trays are great).
•Water for clean-up.
•Tempera or other water-based paint in the primary colors (red, yellow and blue).
•Paint smocks or old shirts.
•A newspaper covered area (or the great outdoors).
•Large pieces of paper (rolls of craft paper will come in very handy for this and other activities with little ones).
What You Do:
- Place the primary colors in separate containers.
- Little ones can dip the balloons or soft foam balls into the paint and smoosh down on a piece of paper.
- Encourage color mixing on the paper by adding different colored smooshes on the paper.
- This is an excellent outdoor activity for large groups.
- This activity will work quite well indoors if there are few children and a few adults to help out.
www.KinderArt.com | www.KinderArtLittles.com
© Andrea Mulder-Slater and KinderArt ®