Tin Can Painting for Two - KinderArt Littles, Preschool, Daycare and Early Childhood Education Activities and Lessons
| TIN CAN PAINTING [From: Cooperation]
Written by: Jessica
[Jessica is a teacher at the Quinsigamond Child Study Center, in Worcester, MA]
Age: 2-5 years
Preschoolers will create a collaborative painting together using coffee cans, paint and golf balls.
What You Need:
•Empty Large Coffee Can With Lid
•One Golf Ball For Each Color of Paint
•Paper Cut To Fit Inside Of Can
What You Do:
- Place golf balls in a small bowl of paint.
- Each child uses a spoon to take out a golf ball from their color choice of paint (two colors work best, one for each child) and transfer them into a coffee can lined with art paper.
- Place lid on the can.
- Have children sit on the floor and roll the can back and forth for as long as they wish.
- When they are done, open the lid, pour the balls back into the paint and pull out the painting that they created together.
- To label the paper, do so on the back side before children start.
- To ensure that each child has a 'copy' to take home, have each pair make two.
- This is a wonderful photo opportunity, and if displaying the photos, have each pair make three creations!
www.KinderArt.com | www.KinderArtLittles.com