Age: 2-5 years
Welcome the warm weather with this easy to make mask. It's as good as gold.
What You Need:
Heavy cardboard, Pencil, Scissors, Paint and/or markers, Containers for paint, Paintbrushes, Masking tape, Yellow and orange and gold yarn (or even gold colored tinsel).
What You Do:
- Draw a large circle (around 10" in diameter) on the cardboard.
- Cut the circle out.
- Draw a number of triangles (about 8-10) for the sun rays.
- Cut the triangles out.
- Draw where the eyes will be on the cardboard circle and cut them out.
- Paint all of the pieces and let them dry.
- When the pieces are dry, tape the triangles to the circle so that the tape is on the unpainted side.
- Draw and cut-out a rectangular piece of cardboard as a way to hold on to the mask. Tape this to the circle as well.
- Next, decorate the sun mask by adding a nose, mouth and any other bits of fabric, yarn or tinsel you would like to make the sun shine!
© Andrea Mulder-Slater and KinderArt ®