Level: ECE, Primary
Grades: PreK - Gr. 2 | Age: 2-8 | Written by:
Written by: Amie Lording
[Amie is a preschool teacher at Fit Kidz in Glenwood, Australia]
Children will see that every hand print is different as they work together on a cooperative art project.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Colored paints of your choice
- Large paper or cardboard
- Trays to put paint on for hand prints
- Optional: rubber gloves
- Ask the children, "Who would like to make a rainbow with their hand print?"
- Ask the children to choose a colour they want their hand print to be.
- Ask each child to put their hand out, spreading their fingers.
- Let the child dip his/her hand into the color of their choice.
- Place the child's hand onto the row of their colour choice.
- Discuss the differences in size and shape of all the children's hand prints.
This content has been printed from: