FUN FALL LEAVES
Written by: Sandra Picano
[Sandra is a teacher at F.K.Sweet Magnet in Ft. Pierce, FL]
Students will see the natural beauty in a fall leaf as they use non-traditional methods of creating leaf patterns.
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Red, green, yellow and orange paint
- Paint brush for each color
- Safety scissors
What You Do:
- Cover table with news print.
- Have supplies ready and in individual trays, with paint brushes for each color.
- Also have a sink or soapy water bucket and paper towel close at hand for clean up.
- Have students paint one hand using each color, until the entire hand is covered.
- Press hand on colored or white previously cut paper.
- This technique will make some beautiful fall leaf shapes.
- Once dried, have the students cut out their hand prints.
- Use them to border a chalk board, or design a large "word" tree and change it through the seasons.
►More Painting Lessons
by: Cynthia Rylant, Jill Kastner
Poetic language and lovely oil paintings evoke the traditional and seasonal activities that occur in November.
© Sandra Picano & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com