Written by: Mary Beth Knippel
[Mary Beth is a teacher at Son Shine Preschool in Rice Lake WI.]
What You Need:
- Red Construction Paper
- Black or Brown Paint
- Green Paint
- Real Watermelon Slice
What You Do:
- First students draw a large triangle on a piece of red 9X13 construction paper.
- Using a Q-tip®, they can dip into the brown or black paint and place dots onto the red paper. These dots represent the seeds.
- Students then take a rind from a slice of watermelon (of course they have to eat the watermelon first!) and dip one side into the green paint.
- They can then place the painted rind onto one side of the triangle - making a print.
- Students can then cut out their "watermelon slice".
►More Painting Lessons
© Mary Beth Knippel & KinderArt®
Painting by: Jacqueline, age 9
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com