YARN FISH PRINTS (STAMPING)
Level: Primary, Junior, Middle School
Grades: K - Gr. 8 | Age: 5-14 yrs | Written by:
[Gullion is an art educator at Eddyville/Blakesburg in Ottumwa, Iowa]
Students will use yarn to create a stamp for printmaking.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- cardboard or oaktag
- printing ink or paint
- On one piece of cardboard, have your students use crayons to draw an underwater scene. At this point, they do not draw in a fish.
- On another piece of cardboard or oak tag, have your students draw a fish.
- Then, have your students outline the fish with glue. Then, they should apply yarn to the glue.
- Let the yarn and glue dry.
- Students then apply printing ink (or paint) to the yarn fish and then press the fish onto the underwater scene to create a print.
This content has been printed from: