GREETING CARD BOX
Level: Primary, Junior
Grades: K - Gr. 5 | Age: 4 - 11yrs | Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater and Joshua VanDelDen
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
Joshua VanDelDen from Alberta has a terrific idea. He gives new life to old greeting cards by turning them into functional boxes for treasures, gifts, candies or jewelry. Follow his directions below to create your very own recycled card box.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- An old greeting card -- or two or three.
- A ruler or straight edge.
- A pencil.
- A pair of scissors.
- Crayons or markers for decorating.
- First, get an old greeting card.
- Next, rip it in half at the fold.
- Using your ruler, make an "X" on the card by drawing two lines that cross at the center of the card. (see diagram).
- Fold the edges of all four sides of the paper over to the middle of the cross. (see diagram)
- Cut the red lines as shown in the diagram.
- Fold the tabs in to create a box and tape the box together.
- To create a lid for the box, do the same as above, only instead of folding the edges to the point of the cross, fold them slightly outward so the lid will be larger than the bottom.
This content has been printed from: