Level: ECE, Primary, Junior
Grades: PreK - Gr. 5 | Age: 2 - 11yrs | Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
A great gift idea that makes use of recycled materials found around the home.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Lids from margarine or yogurt containers
- Old greeting cards, postcards, fabric, wrapping paper or magazines
- Water-based sealer
- Place a lid over top of a greeting card, magazine page or piece of fabric and trace around the lid with a pencil.
- Cut out the shape you just traced and glue it to the lid. Repeat on as many lids as you like.
- Another option is to cut out many tiny pieces of greeting cards, fabric or magazine pages and glue them onto the lid the way you would if you were making a collage.
- Finally, once the glue has dried, you have to seal the coasters with a water-based sealers to protect them from moisture.
This content has been printed from: