Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt®]
A great gift idea that makes use of recycled materials found around the home.
What You Need:
- Lids from margarine or yogurt containers
- Old greeting cards, postcards, fabric, wrapping paper or magazines
- Water-based sealer
What You Do:
- Place a lid over top of a greeting card, magazine page or piece of fabric and trace around the lid with a pencil.
- Cut out the shape you just traced and glue it to the lid. Repeat on as many lids as you like.
- Another option is to cut out many tiny pieces of greeting cards, fabric or magazine pages and glue them onto the lid the way you would if you were making a collage.
- Finally, once the glue has dried, you have to seal the coasters with a water-based sealers to protect them from moisture.
►More Recycling Lessons
Recycled Crafts Box
Earth friendly projects and activities.
Recycled Re-Seen : Folk Art from the Global Scrap Heap
Whether it is a dustpan made out of a license plate, a bowl fashioned from a bent vinyl record, a pair of sandals with soles made of Goodyear tire treads, or a tin-can lantern, folk artists all over the world are turning trash into treasure.
© Andrea Mulder-Slater & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com