Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt®]
Items to Recycle: (leaves, twigs)
What You Need:
- Leaves (all shapes, all sizes, all colors).
- Small twigs.
- Construction paper (diffferent colors).
What You Do:
- Have a look at a small pile of leaves to see if their shapes suggest heads, arms, bodies etc.
- Choose some leaves that resemble people parts and glue the shapes down on construction paper. You may need to do some cutting and rearranging to come up with a pleasing shape.
- If you have the leaves (and the time) you could create a huge leaf person by drawing out a body shape and gluing leaves all over to fill in the shape.
- You can use twigs and construction paper scraps to add details to your leaf person.
►More Recycling Lessons
Recycled Crafts Box
Earth friendly projects and activities.
Recycled Re-Seen : Folk Art from the Global Scrap Heap
Whether it is a dustpan made out of a license plate, a bowl fashioned from a bent vinyl record, a pair of sandals with soles made of Goodyear tire treads, or a tin-can lantern, folk artists all over the world are turning trash into treasure.
© Andrea Mulder-Slater & KinderArt®
Illustration: Geoff Slater
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com