Written by: Judith Walsh
[Judith is an art educator from Mt. Zion Elementary in Suffolk, Virginia]
Items to Recycle: (puzzle pieces)
- Learn about texture in nature.
- Understand and apply media, techniques, and processes
- Use knowledge of structures and functions
What You Need:
- 9" x 12" white paper
- puzzle pieces
What You Do:
- Students will discuss fall scenes and trees.
- Students will also discuss using their whole sheets of paper to create a scene.
- Then students will draw a fall scene complete with a bare tree.
- The teacher will come around to each student and put glue dots around the limbs of the tree.
- The students will place the puzzle pieces on the glue.
- The puzzle pieces will appear as the leaves on the tree.
- These add a nice 3-D effect to their paper and they really do look like fall leaves!
►More Recycling Lessons
Recycled Crafts Box
Earth friendly projects and activities.
Fun With Recycling
50 Great Things for Kids to Make from Junk!
© Judith Walsh & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com