STAMP BOXES OR JARS
Grade: elementary, middle
Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt®]
Items to Recycle: (canceled stamps)
Are you and your kinderartists looking for something to do with all of those canceled postage stamps that are piling up in your desk drawer? If you don't collect them, why not create with them?
What You Need:
- Small wooden or cardboard box with lid
- Canceled postage stamps (make sure no on is saving them!)
- Glue (or modge podge)
- Paint brushes (older ones for spreading glue)
- Liquid Tempera or acrylic paint
- Paint brushes for paint
- Clear water-based sealer OR a mixture of 60% glue 40% water
What You Do:
- Glue a few handfuls of canceled stamps all over the jar or box (don't forget the lid).
- Apply the glue with an old paintbrush, making sure to brush a layer on top of the stamps to prevent them from peeling away.
- If you wish - paint the remaining area of the box or jar with whichever colours of paint you choose.
- Finally, when your work is dry, add a light coating of water-based sealer or hair spray to protect your work.
►More Recycling Lessons
Recycled Crafts Box
Earth friendly projects and activities.
Fun With Recycling
50 Great Things for Kids to Make from Junk!
© Andrea Mulder-Slater & KinderArt®
Illustration: Geoff Slater
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com