PIPE CLEANER SCULPTURES (CHENILLE STEMS)
Level: Primary, Junior, Middle School, High School
Grades: K and up | Age: 5yrs and up | Written by: Pat Klingbiel
[Pat is a teacher from Illinois.]
Students can create colorful sculptures out of pipecleaners.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- flat sheet of styrofoam (optional)
- pipe cleaners various lengths and widths
- beads various sizes, hole sizes, colors (optional)
- anything else with a hole in it such as straws, pasta (optional)
- Lay supplies out on table or workbench.
- Show the children that the pipe cleaners will stick in the styrofoam.
- Then they can slide beads, straws, pasta, etc. onto the pipe cleaners.
- The child can take the project home, or you can take a picture of them holding their sculpture and then reuse the
supplies. Let them decide.
This content has been printed from: