VASE WITH POPPIES
Level: Primary, Junior
Grades: K - Gr. 5 Age: 5 - 11yrs | Written by: Mrs. Wolf
[Mrs. Wolf is an artist and teacher from DeLand, Florida]
A quick and easy cut and paste activity for kids of all ages.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Card stock background paper (8 X 11)
- Red construction or tissue paper precut into 2 inch squares
- Black construction paper precut into 1 inch squares
- An assortment of colored construction paper for vase (8 X 5)
- pencil or markers
- Have children cut imperfect round shapes out of red paper.
- Cut smaller round shapes out of black paper.
- Glue black round shape on center of each of the red shapes (poppies).
- Cut a low oval "vase" from the colored construction paper about 6" X 4".
- Glue vase to bottom of background paper.
- Glue poppies over edge of vase and on top in about three layers, overlapping and mixed height.
OPTIONS: Add some green leaves and stems. Mosaic the vase with cuttings of construction paper. Always write your name neatly on bottom right bottom of paper. Not on back.
This content has been printed from: