Make a Baseball Plaque for Dad on Father's Day - Monthly Seasonal Crafts - KinderArt
Search by Month
Sign up for the KinderArt newsletter. Be the first to find out what's new.
Shop at KinderArt
Books, clothing, art supplies, Kinderart created products and more.
Submitted by: Amanda Formaro
[Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children.
She is the Chief Editor of FamilyCorner.com Magazine.]
If your Dad is a baseball fan, this plaque, made to look like an autographed baseball, is an ideal gift. Great for hanging in his office, above his tool box, or by his baseball memorabilia.
What You Need:
- round wood plaque
- stickers with fatherhood phrases
- acrylic paint in white and red
- red Sharpie ®marker or craft pen
- acrylic sealer spray, matte
What You Do:
- Sand any rough edges and smooth out the flat surface for painting. Paint the entire plaque white, let dry, apply a second coat.
- Paint the rim of the plaque with red and let dry. Use a red Sharpie to draw on the "stitches". To do evenly, use a round object such as a jar or bowl, and trace around it on a piece of scrap paper. Use this scrap paper as your guide by laying it over the plaque and drawing your lines around the edge.
- Decorate with stickers. There are a variety of different stickers available with fatherhood type sayings and phrases. Check out the scrapbooking and sticker aisles of your local craft supply store.
- Spray entire surface with acrylic sealer spray and let dry completely, overnight is best.
About the Designer/Author:
Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children. She is the Chief Editor of FamilyCorner.com Magazine.
Visit her kid's crafts section for plenty of other fun projects!
►More Father's Day Crafts
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
Just Me and My Dad
by Mercer Mayer
This well-loved Little Critter picture book has become a modern classic. It's the tale of a father-and-son camping trip filled with Little Critter's mistakes and good intentions. In spite of difficulties, however, the happy father and son manage to put up their tent, catch fish for dinner, and sleep beneath the stars. In spite of minimal text, the story is full and rich, with endearing illustrations from start to finish.
Father's Day Crafts
by Fay Robinson
Fun holiday crafts kids can do.
© Amanda Formaro & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com