Bottle Bats - Halloween - Monthly Seasonal Crafts - KinderArt
Search by Month
Sign up for the KinderArt newsletter. Be the first to find out what's new.
Shop at KinderArt
Books, clothing, art supplies, Kinderart created products and more.
Submitted by: Amanda Formaro
[Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children.
She is the Chief Editor of FamilyCorner.com Magazine.]
This cute Halloween bat is the perfect project. It is easy to make, uses recycled materials and best of all, it's fun! Gather the kids around and make several of these quicky bats.
A very special thank you goes out to 9 year old Madison for sharing her bottle bat idea with us! You can see Madison's bat at the end of this craft.
What You Need:
- empty 2 liter plastic bottle
- black acrylic craft paint
- 2 medium wiggle eyes
- scraps of white and red felt
- 1/2 sheet black craft foam
- 3 large purple buttons
- small scrap of white craft foam
- paint brush
- hot glue gun
What You Do:
- Wash and dry bottle completely. Paint entire surface and bottle cap with black paint and let dry.
- Use patterns to cut out 2 wings and 2 ears from the black craft foam. Cut collar from white felt, neck tie from red felt, bow tie from red felt, and 2 fangs from white craft foam.
- When paint is dry, glue the white collar around the bottle neck, then glue the red neck tie on top of the white collar, centering it. Glue the bow tie to the center of the red neck tie.
- Glue the ears to the back of the bottle top so that they are sticking up and visible.
- Glue the wiggle eyes to the front of the bottle top and the fangs right below it.
- Glue 3 buttons to the front of the bottle. Glue wings to the sides.
Madison and her Bottle Bats!
About the Designer/Author:
Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children. She is the Chief Editor of FamilyCorner.com Magazine.
Find plenty of fun Halloween crafts, ghoulish recipes and spooky printables here.
►More Halloween Crafts
KinderArt Halloween Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor Halloween Download includes twenty (20) coloring pages, 3 Halloween frames and 2 cut and color masks. Download yours today!
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Halloween
by Ed Emberley
Step-by-step instructions for drawing Halloween cartoon figures and objects.
Halloween Fun: Great Things to Make and Do
by Abigail Willis
Halloween will certainly be fun when children design their own jack-o'-lanterns, make frightening masks, build hanging skeletons, play gruesome games, bake spider (or bat) cakes, and read scary poems aloud.
© Amanda Formaro & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com