GROW A SEED GARDEN
Level: ECE, Primary, Junior, Middle, High School
Grades: PreK and up | Age: 2yrs and up | Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the founders of KinderArt.com]
Children can grow a seed garden for Earth Day.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- dried beans and a glass jar
- construction paper
- scissors, water and napkins
- Soak the beans in water for a few hours (you can use the beans from the Bursting Beans activity).
- Cut a piece of construction paper as tall as the jar, roll it up and put it inside the jar.
- Stuff napkins or paper towels in the center of the jar --- you want the construction paper to press up against the jar.
- Put the beans in between the glass and the construction paper.
- Pour some water in the jar on the napkins.
- Put the jar in a warm place out of the sun.
- Wait and see what happens... a seed garden will grow!
- Open a seed up to see what it looks like inside.
This content has been printed from: