ONION SKIN EGGS
Level: Primary, Junior, Middle School, High School
Grades: K and up | Age: 5 yrs and up| Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt.com]
Decorate easter eggs with onion skins.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Onion skins
- Paper towel and elastic bands or string
- Pot full of water
- Adult supervision
- Put a sheet of paper towel on the table.
- Place some onion skins on top of the paper towel.
- Place an egg on top of the skins and place more skins on top.
- Wrap the paper towel around the onion skins and egg, and secure with rubber bands or string.
- With adult supervision, place the wrapped egg in a pot of boiling water and boil for about 10 minutes (so you end up with a hard boiled egg).
- Place pot under cold water tap, to cool the eggs.
- When cool, remove the cloth and look at your lovely onion skin egg!
Note: you can rub a bit of olive oil on the eggs to shine them up and help to bring out the color.
This content has been printed from: