Submitted by: Judith Walsh, an art educator at Mt. Zion Elementary in Suffolk, VA.
- Students will learn how to make a print.
What You Need:
- dark colored construction paper
- white paint
- paper plates
- paper towels for clean up
What You Do:
- Students are given dark paper, crayons and a paper plate with white paint on it.
- Next, students place their hands in the paint and rub it around until it is all over the bottom of their hands.
- Next, they press their hands to the paper, 2 times, and then clean their hands.
- They will then turn their paper upside down.
- The palms of their hands will be the ghosts head and their fingers will be the bottom of the ghosts.
- Students finish their picture adding pumpkins, bats, tombstones, full moon and give a face to their ghosts with crayons.
© Judith Walsh
Do YOU have a lesson to share?