JUICE BOX JACK-O-LANTERN
Written by: Amanda Formaro
[Amanda Formaro is the crafty, entrepreneurial mother of four children.]
Don’t throw away those empty juice boxes! Save several of them to make cute Jack O’Lanterns for Halloween. This would be a fun Halloween party project.
What You Need:
- Empty juice box container
- 1 sheet orange felt
- 1/4 sheet black felt
- 1/4 sheet dark green felt
- Scrap of brown felt
- Felt glue or hot glue gun
- 1 skinny green chenille stem
What You Do:
Tip: You can use a small baggie of rice to weigh down your pumpkin, making it easier for him to stand. Place the bag inside the juice box before taping it shut.
- Rinse and dry the juice box. Tape the top closed.
- Cover the juice box with orange felt. First, without gluing, wrap the juice box in felt and trim excess, leaving just about 1/2" overlap. Cut slits in the felt at each corner of the box (see photo), this will help in folding as your cover. Use hot glue (quickest method) or felt glue to cover the juice box.
- Roll up a scrap of brown felt, approximately 2” x 1”, and glue it to the top of the box as the stem.
- Wrap the chenille stem around a pencil. Pull the pencil out and bend the center of the coiled chenille around the pumpkin’s stem. Glue in place.
- Cut simple leaf shapes from dark green felt. Use these leaves to cover up folds of orange felt at the top and bottom of the pumpkin.
- Cut out face shapes from black felt and glue in place.
►More Holiday/Seasonal Arts and Crafts
Kids' Pumpkin Projects: Planting & Harvest Fun
Everything readers ever wanted to know (and more) about pumpkins and related projects is cheerfully described and illustrated here.
Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Halloween
Ed Emberley shows would-be artists how to draw a variety of creepy and scary Halloween creatures such as witches, bats, monsters - and more. Step-by-step instructions for drawing Halloween cartoon figures and objects.
© Amanda Formaro
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com