Grade: K - 2
Age: 4 - 6
Submitted by: Shelly
[Shelly is a teacher at Cool Spring Elementary in Maryland. ]
- To follow up on a wonderful story of friendship and differences.
- To teach children how to make the color green by mixing the two primary colors, blue and yellow.
What You Need:
- Story, "Little Blue and Little Yellow", by Leo Lionni [click here for the book]
- Blue tempera paint or finger paint
- Yellow tempera or finger paint
- 1 piece of white construction or finger paint paper
What You Do:
- Read the story.
- Discuss the story with the children. Ask them how they felt when little blue and yellow's parents didn't accept them.
- Tell the children that they are going to retell the story with paint.
- Give each group of children some blue paint and some yellow paint.
- Tell them to use both hands to put one spot of blue on their paper and beside it a spot of yellow.
- Then tell them to make another spot below these two spots by using both fingers together. This will represent blue and yellow hugging.
►More St. Patrick's Day Crafts
KinderArt St. Patrick's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor St. Patrick's Day Download includes 17 Coloring Pages, 3 St. Patrick's Day Frames, 1 St. Patrick's Day Maze and 1 St. Patrick's Day Cut and Color Mask
Download yours today!
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Seasonal Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
St. Patrick's Day Crafts
by Carol Gnojewski
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do.
© Shelly & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com