LADYBUG GARDEN ROCK
Level: ECE, Primary
Grades: PreK- Gr. 2 | Age: 2-8yrs| Written by: Sandy Waters
[Sandy is a teacher at Athol/Royalston Regional Schools]
Learn how to make a rock ladybug for mom's garden.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Red and Black Tempera or Acrylic Paint
- Clear coat spray(optional)
- Children select rocks.
- Wash and dry rocks.
- Become scientists and discover how rock lies best.
- Paint rock red.
- While drying decorate Mother's Day Card using this poem:
I've made with love
to set among your flowers
To let you know I love you
and appreciate your hours.
- Once card is decorated and red paint is dry add black features of ladybug.
- Let dry.
- Apply a clear coat spray to preserve the paint (this is not as necessary with acrylic paint).
Optional: Read The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle, talk about the life cycle of the ladybug or characteristics of arthropods.
This content has been printed from: