MAGAZINE MOSAIC POT
Level: ECE, Primary, Junior
Grades: PreK- Gr. 5 | Age: 2-11yrs| Written by: Theresa Buckles
[Theresa is with the City of Temecula]
This is a lovely garden-inspired craft that teaches kids about recycling.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- 8" terra cotta pot
- decoupage or white craft glue
Instruct children to choose several different pictures from magazines, cut out the pictures and start arranging them on the pot.
- Paint a small surface on the pot (where magazine cut-out is to be placed) with decoupage and attach the paper; continue until the pot is covered.
- Make sure to instruct the children to only pick a few cut outs, and make sure they are the appropriate size because if they are too large, they will not lay flat.
- After the pot is covered with magazine cut-outs, paint the entire pot with decoupage as a sealer (use two coats).
- When dry, tie raffia around rim and if desired, plant a pretty flower in it for Mom.
This content has been printed from: