Level: Primary, Junior
Grades: K - Gr. 5 | Age: 5-11yrs| Written by: KinderArt.com
Use peanuts to make a unique card for Mother's Day. ALLERGY ALERT: Use packing peanuts instead of real peanuts if you have students in your care who have nut allergies!
What You Need:
What You Do:
- Halves of peanut shells (or packing peanuts to avoid allergic reactions).
- Tempera Paint
- Paint Brushes and Water
- Heavy paper
- Glitter (optional)
- Paint the peanut shell halves nice bright flowery colors and let dry.
- Create a folded card with the heavy paper.
- Draw the beginnings of a flower (stem, leaves and center) on the front of the card.
- Glue the painted peanut shell halves on the card ... use them as the petals of the flower.
- Write "I'm nuts for you Mom" on the front of the card.
- Add glitter as an added extra.
ALLERGY ALERT: Before attempting this activity in a classroom environment, make sure there are no kiddos with peanut allergies in your care. If so, substitute packing peanuts, pop bottle lids or milk caps for the peanut shells.
This content has been printed from: