MOTHER'S DAY PEANUT CARDGrade K-4
Objectives:A great way to let mom know you are "nuts" about her.
What You Need:
- Halves of peanut shells
- Tempera Paint
- Paint Brushes & Water
- Heavy paper
What You Do:
- Paint the peanut shell halves nice bright flowery colors and let dry.
- Create a folded card with the heavy paper.
- Draw the beginnings of a flower (stem, leaves and center) on the front of the card.
- Glue the painted peanut shell halves on the card ... use them as the petals of the flower.
- Write "I'm nuts for you Mom" on the front of the card.
- Add glitter as an added extra.
NoteBefore attempting this activity in a classroom environment, make sure there are no kiddos with peanut allergies in your care. If so, substitute pop bottle lids or milk caps for the peanut shells.
© KinderArt | Illustration © Geoff Slater, KinderArt
Do YOU have a lesson to share?