This page was printed from KinderArt® located at http://www.kinderart.com
Click for full version with images
Thanksgiving Day Craft
Submitted by: Susan Futch, a teacher from Valdosta, Ga.
Creating blessing boxes to show what you are thankful for on Thanksgiving Day.
What You Need:
- Empty milk cartons
- Brown construction paper
- Magic markers
What You Do:
- Have students save their milk cartons from lunch.
- Wash the milk cartons and let them dry over night.
- Cover the milk carton with brown paper leaving the top open.
- Have students trace their hands onto construction paper.
- Cut out the hand shapes to create turkey tails to attach to the back of the box.
- On the front of the box print the child's name and the word blessing underneath. (ex. Jessica's Blessing Box.)
- Each day allow the children to print their blessings on a small
strip of paper and put it into their box.
- They can take the project
home and read their blessings out for Thanksgiving to their parents.
175 Easy-To-Do Thanksgiving Crafts
by Sharon Dunn Umnik
Here's a cornucopia of Thanksgiving Day crafts that offers children hours of creative fun.
Crafts for Thanksgiving
by Kathy Ross, Sharon Lane Holm
Twenty simple Thanksgiving and autumn crafts with step-by-step illustrations.
Susan Futch is a teacher from Valdosta, Ga.
© Susan Futch | Illustration © Broderbund ®
KinderArt, © 1997-2000 All Rights Reserved; http://www.kinderart.com
Send feedback here.