This page was printed from KinderArt® located at http://www.kinderart.com
Click for full version with images
Submitted by: Amy Schamburek as part of: Creepy, Scary and fun ideas
What You Need:
- Black Paint
- Orange & Black Construction Paper
- Pink & Green Construction Paper scraps
- Hole Punch
- White Chalk
- Cat Pattern
What You Do:
- Spread newspaper over work area.
- Paint palm, thumb, and fingers of one hand with black paint.
- With fingers spread and thumb at a right angle, press hand in center of a sheet of orange construction paper.
- While the hand print dries, cut a cat's head out of black construction paper using this pattern. (photo shows with white head to show placement)
- Use a hole punch to punch holes out of green and pink construction paper. Glue two green eyes and pink nose on the cat's head.
- Glue the cat's head on the hand print body (the fingers become legs and thumb becomes a tail).
- Use white chalk to add features such as whiskers and a mouth.
Crafts for Halloween
by Kathy Ross, Sharon Lane Holm
Black cats, ghosts, and spiders come to life in a simple, illustrated guide to creating the perfect decorations for Halloween, designed so that even very young children can use readily available materials to master these holiday crafts.
Amy Schamburek is the face behind 20ishParents.com.
© Amy Schamburek, 20ishParents.com
KinderArt, © 1997-2000 All Rights Reserved; http://www.kinderart.com
Send feedback here.