Make a Painted Coffee Mug for Dad on Father's Day - Monthly Seasonal Crafts - KinderArt
Search by Month
Sign up for the KinderArt newsletter. Be the first to find out what's new.
Shop at KinderArt
Books, clothing, art supplies, Kinderart created products and more.
Painted Coffee Mug
Submitted by: Amanda Formaro
[Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children.
She is the Chief Editor of FamilyCorner.com Magazine.]
Painting on a coffee cup is just as easy as painting on a piece of paper or wood. Use this simple yet cute design for your Father's Day coffee mug, or create your very own! The possibilities are endless.
What You Need:
*We used FolkArt EnamelsTM and found them at Michael's Craft Store in the arylic paint aisle.
- white coffee mug
- *acrylic enamel paints in red, black and silver
- paint brush
What You Do:
- Wash and dry mug completely.
- Paint design on coffee mug. We didn't use a pattern, simply freehand an oval for the fish and add a tail and fins, then dot the eye with the end of the paintbrush with black paint.
- Paint "dad" with red, and use black to paint a design around the rim and bottom of the cup.
- Air dry for one hour. Place in cool, oven, heat to 350 F, and bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven off and let cool down completely. Remove from oven.
- Wash on top dishwasher rack or by hand.
About the Designer/Author:
Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children. She is the Chief Editor of FamilyCorner.com Magazine.
Visit her kid's crafts section for plenty of other fun projects!
►More Father's Day Crafts
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
Just Me and My Dad
by Mercer Mayer
This well-loved Little Critter picture book has become a modern classic. It's the tale of a father-and-son camping trip filled with Little Critter's mistakes and good intentions. In spite of difficulties, however, the happy father and son manage to put up their tent, catch fish for dinner, and sleep beneath the stars. In spite of minimal text, the story is full and rich, with endearing illustrations from start to finish.
Father's Day Crafts
by Fay Robinson
Fun holiday crafts kids can do.
© Amanda Formaro & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com