Leprechaun Heads Craft for St. Patrick's Day - Monthly Seasonal Crafts - KinderArt
Search by Month
Sign up for the KinderArt newsletter. Be the first to find out what's new.
Shop at KinderArt
Books, clothing, art supplies, Kinderart created products and more.
Grade: K - 2
Age: 4 - 8
Submitted by: Merrilee Gladkosky
[Merrilee is an art educator from Chester, CT ]
- Experiment with stamping.
- Create a unique Leprechaun face.
What You Need:
- assorted sizes of potatoes
- assortment of skin tone tempera paints
- 12" X 18" paper
What You Do:
- Cut potatoes in half horizontally and vertically so that you have a selection of shapes and sizes. (Teacher or parent should do this!)
- Children choose shapes and skin tone paints (a variety) and place potato prints on paper.
- You may stress overlapping, placement, composition, etc..
- Allow these prints to dry.
- Then, ask children to create a "family" or group of leprechauns by adding features, clothing, details of other kinds.
- You may use a medium as simple as crayons or vary this by using collage materials.
- Stress the color green.
- This is also a good opportunity to talk about expressions: mischievous, surprised, etc. and how you may want to make your leprechauns look.
- This "leprechaun family portrait" may be a simplified to a single leprechaun for younger children.
- This lesson can be modified for other occasions as well!
►More St. Patrick's Day Crafts
KinderArt St. Patrick's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor St. Patrick's Day Download includes 17 Coloring Pages, 3 St. Patrick's Day Frames, 1 St. Patrick's Day Maze and 1 St. Patrick's Day Cut and Color Mask
Download yours today!
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Seasonal Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
St. Patrick's Day Crafts
by Carol Gnojewski
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do.
© Merrilee Gladkosky & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com