Green Snacks for St. Patrick's Day - Monthly Seasonal Crafts - KinderArt
Search by Month
Sign up for the KinderArt newsletter. Be the first to find out what's new.
Shop at KinderArt
Books, clothing, art supplies, Kinderart created products and more.
Green St. Patrick's Day Snacks
Grade: K - 3
Age: 4 - 9
Submitted by: Brenda Frickenschmidt
[Brenda is a teacher at McKinley School, Enid, OK, USA ]
The students have been studying Nutrition. We have studied the four food groups. This particular activity was designed to help the students plan a well balanced snack around St. Patrick's Day. This means nearly everything they eat has to be green.
- Discuss each of the four food groups.
- Draw and label all food that is green under each food group.
- Come up with a St., Patrick's Day Snack, with all four food groups.
- Help teacher prepare the snack.
- Eat the St. Patrick's Day Snack.
What You Need:
- Broccoli, green apples, luncheon meat
- Dip ingredients
- Bread Maker and ingredients for making bread
- Knife for cutting
- Milkshake ingredients and mixer
- Green food coloring
- Paper plates and napkins
What You Do:
- Draw and label all four food groups with foods that are green.
- Write a green snack menu for the class.
- Make green bread with the teacher's bread machine.
- Clean and cut green apples and broccoli.
- Make green sour cream dip for broccoli.
- Make green milkshakes.
Tie it Together:
The students will enjoy eating the green bread that they watched mixing and baking all day. Eating green meat did not sound very good, so we decided to use ham with their green bread too make a sandwich. The students enjoyed dipping broccoli in the green dip. The green apples and the green milkshake added to the St. Patrick's Day snack. To complete the St. Patrick's Day snack we used St. Patrick's Day paper goods.
St. Patrick's Day Snack:
- Ham on Green Bread
- Broccoli and Dip
- Green Apple
- Green Milkshake
►More St. Patrick's Day Crafts
KinderArt St. Patrick's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor St. Patrick's Day Download includes 17 Coloring Pages, 3 St. Patrick's Day Frames, 1 St. Patrick's Day Maze and 1 St. Patrick's Day Cut and Color Mask
Download yours today!
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Seasonal Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
St. Patrick's Day Crafts
by Carol Gnojewski
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do.
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com