Who Ever Heard of Red Shamrocks?
Submitted by: Lou Coakley
[Lou is a teacher at Riverside Elementary, Evans, Georgia]
Students will see how the mind tricks the eye.
What You Need:
- 1 five inch RED shamrock (cut a shamrock from red paper)
- 2 pieces of white construction paper
What You Do:
- Post the 2 pieces of white paper at eye level.
- On one of the pieces of white construction paper paste the red shamrock.
- Ask students to take turns staring at the red shamrock for 30 seconds.
- Then have them stare at the plain white paper.
- Later discuss what happened - A green shamrock appeared on the white paper - Explain to students that since red is the complementary color of green, staring at something red will cause you to see a green after image, not a Leprechaun trick after all!
►More St. Patrick's Day Crafts
KinderArt St. Patrick's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor St. Patrick's Day Download includes 17 Coloring Pages, 3 St. Patrick's Day Frames, 1 St. Patrick's Day Maze and 1 St. Patrick's Day Cut and Color Mask
Download yours today!
KinderArt E Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
Volume Two (Seasonal Images) includes sixty (60) coloring pages including: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veterans Day and Christmas.
We also have many more Seasonal Coloring Pages available now for instant download have a look today.
St. Patrick's Day Crafts
by Carol Gnojewski
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do.
© Lou Coakley & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com