- Understand and apply media, techniques, and processes
- Use knowledge of structures and functions
- Reflect upon and assess the characteristics and merits of their work and the work of others
What You Need:
- Wooden clothespegs (2 per student)
- Small black beads
- Small red beads (optional)
- Glue (hot glue or white glue)
- Gold or Silver craft paint
- Glitter (optional)
- Raffia for hanging
- Magic Markers (black, brown, red and green).
What You Do:
- Talk about reindeer - recite the Rudolph song (..you know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen ...)
- Next, each kinderartist chooses two wooden clothespegs and two black beads.
- Kinderartists can lay one peg on the other peg, facing in the opposite direction. Glue together.
- When the glue is dry, the reindeer can be painted. Ours is gold but you could use silver, blue, red, green ... any color you like.
- Glitter can be added for a final detail and a piece of raffia can be attached so the reindeer can hang.
- Small black beads can be glued on for the eyes.
- A small red bead can become a nose (if you are making a Rudolph reindeer).
- Magic markers can be used to draw on hooves, nostrils etc.
- Hang the reindeer by gluing raffia to the top.
© KinderArt ®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?