Submitted by: Marie Duffy
[Marie is a teacher from St. Anne School in Tomball, Texas]
Students will explore different painting media.
What You Need:
- white posterboard
- construction paper
- light corn syrup
- food coloring
- Lots of wipes for sticky hands!
What You Do:
- Cut posterboard into 9 by 9" square.
- Cut construction paper into 9 by 9" squares. (1 each per student).
- Cut a heart design out of each 9" by 9" piece of construction paper. Make the heart fairly large.
- Pour about quarter size drop of corn syrup onto each of the corners of the poster board.
- Add one or two drops of food coloring onto each spot of corn syrup. (Use one color per spot, for neat effects, choose 2 or more colors)
- Have student smear syrup until entire square is colored. Don't smear too much or the different colors will all look the same!
- Cut out construction paper over design. Matching edges of posterboard. Let dry.
►More Valentine's Day Crafts
KinderArt Valentine's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor Valentine's Day Download includes 20 Coloring Pages, 3 Valentine's Day Frames and 2 Color, Cut and Fold Valentine's Day Cards
Download yours today!
Valentine's Day Crafts
by Arlene Erlbach (Author), Herb Erlbach (Author)
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do
© Marie Duffy & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com