Grade: K - 6
Written by: Andrea Mulder-Slater
[Andrea is one of the creators of KinderArt ®]
Creating a kinetic work of art.
What You Need:
- Red construction paper.
- Heavy poster paper.
- Foil (from an old pie plate or roasting pan - or you can buy foil at the craft stores).
- String or yarn.
- A hole punch.
What You Do:
- Cut out a whole bunch of construction paper hearts (10 medium sized)
- Cut out one large heart using the poster paper.
- Using 5 of your construction paper hearts as templates, trace onto the foil and cut out five foil hearts. (Don't trace the large heart onto foil).
- Next, take your construction paper hearts and cut smaller hearts out of them so you are left with only the outlines of a heart as seen in the diagram.
- Glue the open hearts on the foil (front and back) to create red rimmed foil hearts.
- Also, cut the inner part out of the large poster paper heart.
- Punch holes in the tops of your foil hearts and in the large heart.
- Tie yarn to the foil hearts and to the large heart shape while it is in a flat position. (See finished diagram)
- Also tie yarn to the top of the large heart to hang your mobile. (See finished diagram)
►More Valentine's Day Crafts
KinderArt Valentine's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor Valentine's Day Download includes 20 Coloring Pages, 3 Valentine's Day Frames and 2 Color, Cut and Fold Valentine's Day Cards
Download yours today!
Valentine's Day Crafts
by Arlene Erlbach (Author), Herb Erlbach (Author)
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com