Submitted by: Maryanne Messier
[Maryanne is Washington Elementary School, Janesville, IL USA]
Students can make a bouquet of roses to give on Valentine's Day.
What You Need:
- Tissue Paper
- Pipe Cleaners
- Masking Tape
- Green Tempera Paint
What You Do:
- Cut tissue paper in strips 2" wide, 18" long
- Have students roll tissue paper (lightly) to make the rose
- Then they can pinch the bottom of the paper to make part of the stem
- Take a pipe cleaner and hold it on top of the "pinched" part of the rose
- Using masking tape attach the pipe cleaner to the tissue paper
- After that students can paint the masking tape green to look like part of the stem
- Have students make as many roses as time will allow.
- After all the roses are completed, take another piece of tissue paper and wrap it around the bunch of roses. You can then use yarn or ribbon and tie everything together.
- If you would like you can have them make cards to go with their bouquet of roses.
- At then end of the lesson the students will have a beautiful bouquet of roses to give to whomever they choose. This lesson is great for following directions.
►More Valentine's Day Crafts
KinderArt Valentine's Day Coloring Pages - Instant Downloads
The KinderArt KinderColor Valentine's Day Download includes 20 Coloring Pages, 3 Valentine's Day Frames and 2 Color, Cut and Fold Valentine's Day Cards
Download yours today!
Valentine's Day Crafts
by Arlene Erlbach (Author), Herb Erlbach (Author)
Fun Holiday Crafts Kids Can Do
© Maryanne Messier & KinderArt®
Do YOU have a lesson to share?
© KinderArt ® | www.KinderArt.com